I haven’t received any cauliflower from my CSA to make pizza crust, so I tried out this recipe instead. It wasn’t bad!
- 4 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded (I used more than this because I forgot the parmesan)
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 1 egg or 1/4 cup soft tofu
- 1 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup rice flour if you want thicker (optional)
- Preheat oven to 4500 degrees Fahrenheit or 230 degrees Celsius.
- (optional) Microwave the zucchini on high for 6 minutes, let cool, place it in a tea towel and squeeze as much moisture out as you can.
- Mix the zucchini, mozzarella, parmesan, egg or tofu, oregano, salt and pepper, press the mixture onto a baking mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven until lightly golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- After crust is cooled, add: pizza sauce, baby bella mushrooms, shredded carrot, bell pepper and top with a little mozzarella. Add other veggies that you like too.