Today’s post is all about surviving gluten free on the little lovely island of Bali. Known for its beaches, rice terraces and black volcanic sands, Bali is great little island paradise that caters for many appetites.
I was fortunate to stay for 8 days during my Songkran holidays and discovered some interesting things when it comes to food and its customs:
- Balinese people love to fry things
- They cook with fish and soy sauce
- Rice noodles and wrappers can be found in most restaurants
- Fresh fruit juices are delicious
- Black rice pudding is WAY TOO SWEET for even the most devout sweet tooths out there!
- There are 2 major wine producers in Bali – Two Islands and Hagan. Both are quite nice (and cheaper if you purchase in shops instead of restaurants!)