Most Canadians will agree that a good homemade pancake is the measure of a confident cook. This week, I bring to you a vegan version!
You will need:
- 1 cup gluten free flour (buckwheat or your own flour mix)
- 1 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt ** be careful with this one!
- 1 cup soy milk or almond milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (I use coconut oil) + extra for the pan
- Preheat your pan on medium heat.
- Gather your ingredients and mix together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the soy milk and coconut oil the bowl and mix together well. Mix until all the lumps are gone. If you’re feeling lazy you could pop this in the blender.
- Now add a little oil to the pan and pour some of the batter in.
- Unlike other batters, this won’t release a lot of bubbles, so you will need to watch for the edges to turn golden. When they do, flip them over.
- Repeat until all the batter is gone. Serve with fresh fruit and maple syrup or honey. Enjoy!
I make these after my runs when I’m in a rush in the mornings. I have this process down to 2 minutes, throw it in my travel mug and then take off for work. No effort required!
Throw all of this into a blender and BLITZ!
- 1 cup chopped bananas – fresh or frozen
- 2 cups ice
- 150 ml milk of your choice – rice, soy, almond or cow’s
- 2-4 tbsp peanut butter – depending on how much you love PB!
- 2 tsp ground flax seeds