My friend had me over for dinner this week and made this recipe for me. Living in Thailand means that we get some great seafood and there is never a season without fresh courgettes.
* 2 Tablespoons olive oil
* 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
* 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
* Pinch of crushed chillies
* 400g tinned chopped clams, drained, with half the juice reserved
* 120ml dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
* Salt and pepper
* 675g littleneck or other small fresh clams, rinsed and scrubbed
* 3 large courgettes, spiralized with blade c
* 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
* Freshly cracked black peppercorns
* 2 lemons, quartered
- Place a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is shimmering, add the garlic and shallots. Cook for 2-3 minute4s or until shallots are translucent.
- Add the crushed dried chillies, reserved clam juice and win, and season with salt and pepper. Increase the heat to high, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer until the sauce is reduced by about half.
- Add the fresh clams to the sauce and cover. Steam for 7-10 minutes. Discard any that don’t open after 10 minutes, then add the chopped clams.
- Stir in the courgette noodles and 1 tablespoon of the parsley. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the courgette noodles are al dente.