This is such a cool dish when you’re on the islands sipping a cocktail watching the sunset. For me, it evokes those memories island hopping with friends. But if you want to create that dish at home (minus the whole pineapple) here’s how to do it!
You will need:
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 100 grams chicken, pork or shrimp
- 1 tbsp raisins, chopped
- 1 tbsp pineapple, diced
- 1 tbsp tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp carrot, chopped
- 1 tbsp onion, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- handful sweet peas
- any other veg you want to add!
- handful of cashews (these are plentiful in Thailand! If salted, remove the salt and 1/2 the soy and fish sauce)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2-3 spring onions sliced finely
- 1 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- tsp sugar
- 1 tsp curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and protein, then add the onion.
- Add the egg and stir-fry everything together, adding in the vegetables.
- Add in the seasonings and stir together for another minute or so.
- Serve with red chili pepper, limes for garnish and sprinkle the green onion on top!