This is another quick dinner recipe, and you can tell that I like those! You’ll often see this being served up at street food stalls, but noticeably they use ground chicken or pork. Today, I’m going to use tofu.
Note: This dish is great with rice as a main, or you can do what the Thais do and offer it as an appetizer as well. You can put it into hollowed out cucumbers or as lettuce tacos.
You will need:
- 1 package medium firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp chopped chilies (oh, this is a spicy dish!)
- 1/2 cup holy basil
- 1/3 cup long green beans
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/3 cup veg stock or water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish or oyster sauce
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- Heat your oil over medium heat. Make sure all of your ingredients are ready to go.
- Add the tofu and cook for a minute or two, constantly stirring.
- Then throw in the green beans, all sauces and the stock.
- Just before you’re ready to serve it, add in the basil.
- Serve with jasmine rice and enjoy!