You can see from my Apple Crumble Post that cinnamon has been on my mind lately!
Before I went away for the Songkran holiday, I needed to defrost my fridge (and to save money on electricity). While cleaning, I found 2 frozen balls of pizza dough.
I figured, since there was no salt or seasoning, that I could transform these into yummy sweets. And I was right!
This pizza base is the ‘Yes You Can’ prepackaged mix (which is available in most Villa & Topps supermarkets).
What I did:
- Made a sweet mixture of water, maple syrup, sugar and cinnamon (I just kept combining these ingredients until I got a very sticky mixture, the consistency of corn syrup)
- Rolled the dough out onto a cutting board dusted with gluten free flour
- Used a pastry brush to slather on the ‘sweet mixture’
- Rolled the dough so it looked like a sausage
- Cut it into 1.5 inch pieces
- Baked for about 20-25 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius
If you’re a fan, you could add some chopped walnuts, pecans or raisins.