Makes about 2 bowls of soup. Note: you can add chicken, shrimp or tofu. I’ve also used chunks of salmon.
- 100 grams of your chosen protein
- 8 thin pieces of galangal
- 1 stalk of lemongrass (smashed and cut into 2cm lengths)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced tomato
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- dried ground chili (as much as you like)
- 1/2 lime’s juice
- 2 tbsp gluten free fish sauce or gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 kaffir lime leaves
- 4-6 leaves of Thai parsley cut into 2cm pieces or 2 sprigs of coriander/cilantro
Bring the coconut milk and 1/2 the water to a boil. Add lemongrass and galangal. Cook for 2-3 mins.
Add your protein, onion, mushrooms and tomato. Cook for another few minutes.
Then throw in the seasonings and stir. Turn off the heat. Serve and then add garnish.