So simple to make, since you normally have the ingredients!
- 100 grams of protein (chicken, shrimp or tofu)
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 cup oil (for deep frying)
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts (roasted or salted – if salted, you may need to add more sugar)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped onion
- 1/4 cup of each – roughly chopped red pepper, yellow pepper and green pepper
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped carrot
- 1 large dried red chili
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 spring onion cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 stalk Chinese celery cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp gluten free oyster sauce
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp sugar
- you may wish to add a little water
Put the oil in a hot wok. Mix together your protein and corn flour, then deep fry until golden brown. Add the vegetables (carrots, onions, dried chili, peppers and cashews). Stir fry for 3-5 minutes over high heat.
Next, add the seasoning sauces. Stir together until the vegetables are down. Add the spring onions and celery. Then serve with some rice.