I made this last weekend and it only lasted three days. My non-vegan-gluten-free friends were amazed. It was so yummy! The spices also make your house smell amazing 🙂
Now, the recipe isn’t quite exact because I forgot to measure how much tofu I used. Sorry. The truth is that I had made some persimmon sorbet by combining the soft bits of fruit with a small package of soft tofu in a blender, and then froze it. I had about a cup left and put most of it into the loaf.
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana (I blended several small frozen bananas)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ***1/2 – 3/4 cup soft tofu, blended or mixed well
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all ingredients together, gradually adding the soft tofu. You can mix your tofu with something else, like I did. You can taste the batter, but it will taste slightly strange from the baking soda.
- Pour batter into a bread tin, preferably lined with baking paper. Or you can grease with oil or butter. You could also make muffins from this recipe, cutting the cooking time down to 25-30 mins. Otherwise, bake for 50-55 mins. Test with a knife or toothpick; if it comes out clean then the loaf is done.
- Let it cool before slicing.
You could also add some raisins or nuts, but I’m not such a big fan. Due to the spices, I didn’t want to add too much to this sugar fix. If you want to add in oats to increase the carbohydrates and protein, then you need to add in more moisture (in the form of bananas and tofu).